Tomato ketchup recipe at home
A few days ago, I have published a post makes about tomato sauce.There I have said about tomato ketchup, in the FAQ section. So, Today I’m gonna writing and showing a video about how you will make tomato ketchup recipe at home.at first, forgive me if there is any fault in my writing. I’m writing this article with a very sorrow mind Because Today my dear has left me.Tomato ketchup make is very easy, you can make it a very short time.And, This way you can save it for 1 year.No more talk today, Let’s start:
- 2 kg Ripe Tomato.
- 1 tsp red chili powder.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 tsp garlic paste.
- 1 tsp ginger paste.
- 2 pieces Cinnamon.
- 2 piece cardamom.
- 0.5 cup vinegar.
- 0.5 cup of sugar.
- 1 tsp paprika powder.
- 1 tsp Oregano.
- 1 tsp Sodium benzoate.for saving 1 year.
Note: All amount of spices calculated, for 2 kg tomato.
- Step: Cutting Tomato and preparing for blending.First, cut tomato and remove the seeds from tomatoes, like this image. Keeping the hot water down, and boil the tomato by hot steam for almost 15 minutes. see this image.
- Step: Blending.After boiling it, then blending very well.and filter all blended tomato for puree.
- Step: Mixing spices with tomato puree.now mix, this list of spices with tomato puree:Red chili powder. (1 tsp)salt. (as like need, like 1 tsp)Garlic paste. (1 tsp)Ginger paste. (1 tsp)Cinnamon. (2 piece)Cardamom. (2 pieces)vinegar. (half cup)Sugar. (one-third cup)Oregano. (1 tsp)Note : You can use sugar and chili as you need. And for more color, you can use paprika powder or Food color. If you give ripe bright red tomato, I hope you don’t need any powder for color.
- Step: Frying tomato puree.Now fry it, until it becomes dense.Tips: give some hot puree in a dish, and tilt the dish, if you will see no water, Think then it’s done.Note: Always stir it, otherwise, it will be lost.And give a deep pan for frying. If you give shallow pan, The hot tomato puree will come out and touch your body. So be careful.safety first work last.
- Step: Store the Tomato Ketchup.If you store it a long time like one year you need mix Sodium benzoate.For 1kg ketchup saving need half teaspoon sodium benzoate.Here I have given 2 kg tomato, So I need 1 teaspoon.If you will make more or less amount of ketchup You will calculate how the amount of sodium benzoate you need.Note: Don’t mix it many amounts sodium benzoate.
Some Tips to make perfect Tomato ketchup
- You should choose Ripe and fresh Tomato. Avoid fridge up a tomato (if it possible)
- Remove all seeds clearly.
- blending very creamy.
- Filter very well after blending. As if there will not stay any tomatoes bark.
- Frying until for good thicker.