What is Julienne cut or French cut? Are you wanting to learn it easily?
this is a simple French-style cut for vegetables and meat.
Like the small size square stick or matchstick.
Is it very easy?
Yes, you can cut this style easily. For decorating, serving, or cooking recipes, this cut is needed very much for our daily life. And I said before, in my published recipes, about this cut.
I thought I should publish a post about this cut.
So, Today I am gonna show example 7 vegetables. (Celery, cabbage, carrots, ginger, onion, tomato, potato)
If you see, very carefully this 7 vegetables cutting. I hope you can cut anything like julienne style. And you can cut easily and fast after seeing every step and practical video.
So, Guys let’s start, see the example this cutting.
Julienne cut Example Here by 7 vegetables
1. Julienne carrot:
- For the carrot, first, need to be peeled before cutting. You can use exclusive peel cutter for easy peeling.
- Remove scrap from both sides. And cut it into a rectangle
- Cut it into 2-3 inch or 4-5cm long. or slice it on the middle.
- Cut it into thinner size on the lengthwise.
- Decorate it by thinner slice layer. and cut it again thinner size, the opposite side from before.
- See the video, please.
2. Potato julienne :
- it’s almost the same to like the carrot.
- Peeled potato, all sides.
- Cut off four sides for making a rectangular shape.
- The scrap piece can be used for soup and salads. Or you can cut it too, like julienne style.
- whatever, after getting a rectangular size, cut it thin slices.
- place the slice on top of each other. And cut it again into like a small stick.
- it’s done, see the video for more practical knowledge.
3. Julienne Onion :
- Cut the onion top and tail portions part.
- Remove peels from the onion.
- Split the peeled onion in the middle.
- Slice thinner size on the lengthwise.
- see video.
4. Julienne Tomato :
- First, remove the tomato seal part.
- split the tomato into four-part.
- remove the seeds from the split part. keep only the juice sac part.
- and slice it julienne style.
5. Julienne ginger :
- peeled ginger from the skin part.
- slice it very thinner size.
- place the slice parts on the top of each other.
- cut it, like a very small stick and thinner size.
6. Julienne Cabbage:
- remove the scrap, make fresh for ready to cut.
- split it into four-part. If it will a big size, split it in more part.
- Remove now the solid part from the split apart.
- Cut it crossly, tiny thinner size like julienne style.
7. Julienne celery :
celery is very easy for julienne style from other vegetables.
- Remove the leaf and the roots from celery, keep only the branch part.
- think matchstick for the correct shape.
- Split it into the 3-4 part for reducing long.
- With celery, cut the stalk then cut thinner size, lengthwise slice.
Alert for the newbie:
- If you’re not an expert to use the knife, please use it carefully.
- Use a sharp and strong knife for the best performance.
- Practice slowly for the first time. Gradually, you can do it fastly. Don’t do it the first time like the expert person.
- Keep another hand right position. carefully use Knife.
- Carefully for safe your hand, in the cutting time, ginger and onion.